Suggestion for a 2nd server - Hirnlos or Hirnschlag

News, Information & Discussion about the [!!!]Hirntot Community
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
benny

Suggestion for a 2nd server - Hirnlos or Hirnschlag

Post by benny »

The forum says we have Hirntot & Hirnschlag NQ running, but only have a crippled Hirnlos as a 2nd server. I'm not sure weather we need another etpro server or not, but a NQ server with a few bots would probably be more "crowded" than a custom map etpro one. Any suggestions for mod/maps/likewise?

Code: Select all

<Hirntot> Global Chat [ CocAinE: dude honestly, arent there better ways to out yoursealf as homosexual than using mortar? ]
hamsta

Re: Suggestion for a 2nd server - Hirnlos or Hirnschlag

Post by hamsta »

Without any doubt, [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map is a class of it's own. It's amazing to see it rise from the ashes in almost no time. Chapeau!

As a formerly regular player on Schlag I don't believe there is any chance to duplicate Tot's success to any other server, be it ETPro or NQ. Imo the dying of Schlag went along with the exodus of admins. The usual suspects ruined the fun. There are still plenty of nice former Schlag regulars. They just play elsewhere right now. With them Schlag is still a name, but glorious past does not attract anybody anymore.
So, if you set up Schlag anew, you should be able to administer it properly. Otherwise I'm afraid it will be just one of the many undead bot paradises.

If it was up to me personally, I would run a 20players NQ with a fix only-RtCW-maps cycle. ;)
Moses

Post by Moses »

hamsta wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:05 pm
If it was up to me personally, I would run a 20players NQ with a fix only-RtCW-maps cycle. ;)
I actually like that idea.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

I would forget about Hirnschlag and NoQuarter and leave it in the history books. Maybe back in the day it was fun (don't know, never played) when there were actual players, but having a server full of bots and 1-3 players once per week just seems pointless and boring. Go play RtCW singleplayer for that experience?

I think a rebooted Hirnlos with objective instead of campaign (XP reset every map, no skill upgrades and skills limited to 0 (except Light Weapons default to 2 so you spawn with an extra ammo clip and faster reload - it's public after all, more fun that way)) would be a better idea. I think the days of 24/24 Hirnlos are over (only Hirntot 24/24 now), but an extra ETPro server with custom maps is always welcome. The switch from campaign to objective is just to experiment if it leads to more players than in the past few years. With vote_allow_nextmap enabled so people can vote nextmap if they don't like a map, previously they would just disconnect...

Edit: and if it's not campaign, there's no need to limit it to 10 maps either, could as well add et_ice, sos_secret_weapon and tc_base to the rotation and call the server "[!!!]Hirnlos, OBJ"
hamsta

Post by hamsta »

c0rnn wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:54 am
I think ...
... just disconnect
Sounds to me like a hardcore frag shack on custom maps. Would match perfectly the playing style and behaviour of 90percent of the Tot-community. Easy to handle in terms of admin work (just do nothing :D ). Tot shows that there is definitely a need for 'fun' like that.

On the other hand, beyond the abysses of ego-focussed stat whoring, there is a world where ppl get fun of objective focussed teamplay. This was Schlag in it's best times. Needs lots of admin work (to keep out 90percent of the Tot-players ;)).

Whatever will be, a Los, a Schlag, a nothing... there's no success guaranteed.
With regard to the operators' time and money one can only wish them wise decisions.
MaryJane
[!!!]

Post by MaryJane »

hamsta wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:05 pm
Hamstas idea sounds good to me.
Moses

Post by Moses »

@c0rnn I would not mind having los running as well ;)

I will check on Saturday and update some schlag settings.
RosenCruz

Post by RosenCruz »

Keeping Hirntot full and fun should be No.1 prioity imho. Thanks for the restore.

What is the mail address for donations? I checked the thread "why donating is not wrong" but could not see a link. Paypal is disabled in my country but I believe I can bypass this blockade for Hirntot.

Regards
Moses

Post by Moses »

Okay Hirnschlag is now up, a bit RTCW inspired. -> et3.hirntot.org:27950
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26