How to update PB on Unix?

News, Information & Discussion about the [!!!]Hirntot Community
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
Post Reply
inf3rno
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:47 am

How to update PB on Unix?

Post by inf3rno » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:31 am

I try to run the game on FreeBSD in Linux compatibility mode. The game starts, but whenever I connect to the server I am kicked with 20004 itegrity bullshit. I tried to google it, it looks like I have to upgrade punkbuster, which is an issue, since evenbalance no longer supports ET and I guess I'd need a very old version of punkbuster. Is there anybody who solved this on Linux or BSD? (Just wondering why we need punkbuster, because it is totally useless against cheaters, but makes the game laggy asf and kicks people with normally installed ET.)

inf3rno
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:47 am

Re: How to update PB on Unix?

Post by inf3rno » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:09 am

I tried to upgrade it, now I got itegrity violation 20006. What a progress...

c0rnn
[!!!]
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:44 am

Re: How to update PB on Unix?

Post by c0rnn » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:37 am

Try to install from a file here: http://download.hirntot.org/

We need PB for our ban system, it's not useless for us.

evirdrevo
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:10 pm

Re: How to update PB on Unix?

Post by evirdrevo » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:35 pm

you can try asking chaplja, he also made some fixes to make et run on linux without problems

https://github.com/chaplja

inf3rno
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:47 am

Re: How to update PB on Unix?

Post by inf3rno » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:25 am

c0rnn wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:37 am
Try to install from a file here: http://download.hirntot.org/

We need PB for our ban system, it's not useless for us.
Not sure which one is Linux compatible. I found only exe files in the pb related zips.

inf3rno
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:47 am

Re: How to update PB on Unix?

Post by inf3rno » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:25 am

evirdrevo wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:35 pm
you can try asking chaplja, he also made some fixes to make et run on linux without problems

https://github.com/chaplja
Thanks, I will.


inf3rno
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:47 am

Re: How to update PB on Unix?

Post by inf3rno » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:17 am

It writes that "/bin/sh: pbsetup.run: not found" or if I run it as root, then it writes "pbsetup.run: Command not found". I guess FreeBSD does not contain everything that Linux does. I'll try with daredevil's files, maybe it works with that.

I copied the files from the first link, now it works. I have other issues too, but I'll post those in a different thread. Thanks for the help!

User avatar
a domestic cat
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:06 pm
Location: Wild East

Re: How to update PB on Unix?

Post by a domestic cat » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:31 pm

inf3rno wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:17 am
/bin/sh: pbsetup.run: not found
That's an executable binary, are you sure you are running it correctly? Looks like an error message from shell (and bash in case of root, I guess). You should chmod +x pbsetup.run and then just run it with ./pbsetup.run.
<sCript>why i eyez ya<ScRipt/>

inf3rno
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:47 am

Re: How to update PB on Unix?

Post by inf3rno » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:46 am

a domestic cat wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:31 pm
inf3rno wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:17 am
/bin/sh: pbsetup.run: not found
That's an executable binary, are you sure you are running it correctly? Looks like an error message from shell (and bash in case of root, I guess). You should chmod +x pbsetup.run and then just run it with ./pbsetup.run.
Sure I ran it properly. Looks like FreeBSD cannot run everything Linux can. But it can be solved by copying the files, so it is not an issue.

Post Reply