splatterladder -> How about some more detailed Player/server stats?

Lean back, put the sunscreen on, sip on a Mai Tai, and shoot the breeze. No serious discussion allowed here.
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
Liquid Sn.
[!!!]

Re: splatterladder -> How about some more detailed Player/server stats?

Post by Liquid Sn. »

I'm not saying it is a bad idea to have a ranking of winning and losing but wouldn't that create some rankwhores who join winning team even more?
So maybe it would be better to have it only as an informative command for ex. !wins - Liquid Sn. won 1000 games lost 999999 games, win ratio 0.111, and that's it.
S3AL

Post by S3AL »

It's risky i agree, but the damage potential is not that high. So, you could test it out, or just be consistent and drop all rankings in general.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

!winstats is now a thing.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

I'll be playing allied from now on ;) ET pub hugely favours allied attack, lets hope it brings back some 'urgency' and objective minded play.
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

evirdrevo wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:02 am
I'll be playing allied from now on ;) ET pub hugely favours allied attack, lets hope it brings back some 'urgency' and objective minded play.
Disagree. ET pub, and especially standard maps, favours axi camp.
However with the number of modifications that the c0-Ha connection have pulled off lately,
we are now seeing allies have an easy route to victory.
Creating a tank that rides by itself with turbo speed on Fueldump for example.
It's the sort of madness where axis now need to have the perfect start in order to gain anything from the map.
Don't recall who said it, but one !!! member once tried to convince Monty that Fueldump tank has always been set up like this.
Which is shocking to hear really (how long have you been playing ET??).
Fueldump ran fine for the first decade on Hirntot,
with the only modification needed during that time being an extra spawn inside truck garage (thanks Benny).
And then the c0-Ha connection figures that "ET is dying",
and in an act of desperation (or boredom?) decide to chop and change the standard maps on Hirntot.
Monty is almost afraid to think what Hirntot will look like after another 10 years :shock:
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Code: Select all

// harlekin - added arni - 08.07.2006 - Tank drives alone
Been a long time since this change on fueldump.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

For the record, I don't think the ranking system is causing players to play a certain way (except a few rare cases like Liquid (but he played like this even when we didn't have vsp for a while), who made up his mind on his own to change the gamestyle now), and doubt removing the ranking/vsp would have any effect at all. I'd leave everything as it is, unless other admins decide against.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

I'm fine with not advertising the k/d ratio ranking on the server as you already changed in the past.