I simply can't get into the server

Got Problems with Hardware or Software? Try it here...
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
Zeta

I simply can't get into the server

Post by Zeta »

I right-click on ET Legacy, start ET Legacy with administrator rights, load the ET Legacy mod, click on any server other than Hirntot, the server loads and lets me in. However, on your servers, it loads and then ET Legacy closes directly, leaving me back on the desktop. What should I do to solve this? It's been a problem for the past few days.
trinita
[!!!]

Re: I simply can't get into the server

Post by trinita »

Heyo

Quess what..have had the same problem. This is driver issue typical for crash to desktop.
Download some driver updater from internet and you gonna be surprised how old drivers are.
My Intel live updater says my drivers are up to date, but software from internet say I have two years old drivers. Updated it and viola all good. Never crashed again...

ps: Once you crashed you got message Reset Settings ET:L crashed last time it was running right ?

Cheers Trini
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Try deleting all pk3 files from Documents/ETLegacy/legacy/dlcache.

Also there is no need to run it with Admin rights.
Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Now I can enter the server, but as soon as I select allies or axis, basically a team to play, the game crashes and ET Legacy asks me if I want to restore the cvars to default values, which I do but it doesn't help because the problem persists.

For now, I've only updated the video card drivers and deleted the pk3 files as advised by both of you. Now I'll check if there are any other drivers to update
trinita
[!!!]

Post by trinita »

Zeta wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:15 am
I want to restore the cvars to default values, which I do but it doesn't help because the problem persists.
Dont need to restore by pressing yes for my opinion nothing changed. I pressed no. Im still opinion that drivers causing the problem.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Try /cvar_restart and exec your cfg after, then connect.

Also set r_depthbits to 24 if you have it 32 and com_hunkMegs 96 if you have it over 100.

com_hunkMegs 512
com_zoneMegs 128 (you can only execute this in the etl.exe shortcut, not console)

If crashes still persist, reinstall legacy, try 64bit.
trinita
[!!!]

Post by trinita »

c0rnn wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:33 am

Also set r_depthbits to 24 if you have it 32 and com_hunkMegs 96 if you have it over 100.
Yes forgot about that..nice
My integrated graphic cant handle 32 :roll:
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

I just had the same issue. The issue was Documents\ETLegacy\legacy\profiles\name\hud.dat. Backup it somewhere, delete it and reconnect.