Can we do something about the team damage?

Don't like the rules? Feel you've been kicked innocently? Got connection Problems? Whine here!
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
S3AL

Re: Can we do something about the team damage?

Post by S3AL »

Sorry but wtf does all of this have to with team damage?

You say the majority of players are medics... well then how the fuck can you, an admin, shit on those players then, its your playerbase BRO. You're wrong and you're wrong.

If you are saying that reckless team damage is okay in any way, be it from monty, veltins or whoever i dont fucking are, then you're nuts. Lets end this shit now pls, forget about ME, monty, veltins, this topic aint about that.

Cornn. Any way to get the ALL list attached here? If there's line breaks of course, otherwise we'll be looking at the matrix O_O
nineinchnails
[!!!]

Post by nineinchnails »

S3AL wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:00 pm
Sorry but wtf does all of this have to with team damage?

You say the majority of players are medics... well then how the fuck can you, an admin, shit on those players then, its your playerbase BRO. You're wrong and you're wrong.

If you are saying that reckless team damage is okay in any way, be it from monty, veltins or whoever i dont fucking are, then you're nuts. Lets end this shit now pls, forget about ME, monty, veltins, this topic aint about that.

Cornn. Any way to get the ALL list attached here? If there's line breaks of course, otherwise we'll be looking at the matrix O_O
Sorry, but you argue like a 10 year old child.
If there is a missbehaviour regarding teamkills we do act. And you know it. But the majority have no problem with it.
Of course the majority plays medic, at least they choose this class... what do you expect? Nobody shits on them, you are the one who should accept other players.

Look at your list and do what ever you want, but be sure I will spoil your way again and again if you come up with suggestions making a medic frag-contest out of our campaigns.
S3AL

Post by S3AL »

okay
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

I don't think the full list of players would be of any importance.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

I went through the logs of November:

radar 2
oasis 15
fueldump 1
venice 3
braundorf_b4 1
goldrush 2
frostbite 1

Clearly only oasis is truly problematic.
S3AL

Post by S3AL »

Only oasis is problematic if you think 1200 is the right limit. My whole argument is.. thats its not. 1200 = 10 full health team kills. I'd argue everything over 5 is absurd and should kick in with a warning and at 6 you're gone. Its just my opinion of course. If you lower it to 1000, probably few more maps will pop out.

Its not a a map thing, or a skill thing, or a class thing, its the 'assholes' thing. Some maps allow more td toxic spam, oasis sure... assholes calling arty from spawn, mortars etc. its just the geography of the map. But these assholes play on all maps equally toxic, just the map design doesnt allow you to reach that high limit that easily. These assholes are rare, the majority of players are normal, but the assholes ruin the fun for everyone, which is sad. The limit I proposed was the limit that might filter the assholes only. Maybe its too low, maybe its better to start with something higher, sure why not.

For now.. The first question we gotta clear out is - Do you guys think that 10 full health team kills per map should be allowed? Thats 20 half-health team kills, no one is rly full health when td happens anyway. If you think it should be allowed, our story ends here. Also keep in mind that the td limit is not time constrained with an absolute value. On a map that ends in 1 minute, you are still allowed to do 1199TD, but lets not worry about that now. An average player does around 20kills per FULL map, if even. The current td limit rule allows the following in averages domain = for every second kill that you make, you are allowed to make one team kill. Sounds bad to me, might sound good to you, lets start with that question
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

> Think about your sentence mate. Who are you to tell others how to play the game? Do you think Apemode, shootej, brody and the others play the game better with 40 kills and only 2 revives per map?
The success of hirntot is to keep the game in its original style, so accept that there are different players and maybe use your brain how to avoid their attacks and get to kill them.

The guy is hiding in spawn and using all the arty charge all map long, putting the same arty no matter what is happening on the map. I'm not complaining about getting killed by Veltins ... I only get TK'd by him, getting killed by him isn't the issue. I don't get why you keep bringing up the non healing medics in a thread about teamdamage but please do enlighten me.
hyperloop

Post by hyperloop »

This thread looks more like a monologue in how to play the game than anything else.

My prediction is the same as nine, if td is lowered less people will play HW, fop and Engi. Because it's not only the users of these classes that are reckless it's the teamm8 also. Players running into mines,airstrikes,grenades etc hungry for the kill. I don't argue with the notion that some use these classes recklessly, but it's a matter of perception how you measure recklessness. Try it by all means, but I am not even gonna touch Engi class if td is set below 1000. I am only speaking from my experience using Engi class for years on these servers.
S3AL

Post by S3AL »

Good
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

In the past we talked about making oasis 3rd map after battery. That and limiting fop to lvl2 like on battery would probably make it less spammy.