Can we do something about the team damage?

Don't like the rules? Feel you've been kicked innocently? Got connection Problems? Whine here!
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
S3AL

Re: Can we do something about the team damage?

Post by S3AL »

Whats the downside to disabling it overall? Curious
nineinchnails
[!!!]

Post by nineinchnails »

I fear that you are just trying to weaken Heavy Weapons, Landmines, Rifles and FOPS again, in order to run around undisturbed more and gain for your medic kills...
I think we focussed more on cancel kickvotes for no reason against mortar-players and fops in the last weeks, so maybe thats the next step trying to change the gameplay and make a medic aiming contest out of it... will you run into veltins arty until he's off?
S3AL

Post by S3AL »

nineinchnails wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:24 pm
I fear that you are just trying to weaken Heavy Weapons, Landmines, Rifles and FOPS again, in order to run around undisturbed more and gain for your medic kills...
Im trying to weaken them by asking them not to team kill? Fuck yeah, thats exactly what im doing. Why you didnt mention medics too? I'll get 6-7 frags more per map too if I shoot through my teammates. Lets all not give a fuck together
I think we focussed more on cancel kickvotes for no reason against mortar-players and fops in the last weeks, so maybe thats the next step trying to change the gameplay and make a medic aiming contest out of it... will you run into veltins arty until he's off?
You do understand that every single class in ET has to aim, besides... just mortar (well, still aims ... at the sky). So let me correct you "make an all besides mortar et classes aiming contest out of it".

Wtf nine inch, rly...
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Btw there is already a script in place that puts players who intentionally walk into someone's arty 7 times to spec.

Also, TD kicks:

QpaQ: Oct 19, Aug 29, Jun 15, Jan 16
Monty: Jun 4, Mar 29, Mar 27, Feb 17
Miria: Oct 30, Oct 29, Oct 24, Sep 7, Aug 22, Jun 27, Feb 15, Feb 3, Jan 1
Veltins: Oct 31, Oct 23, Aug 2, Jul 1, Jun 7

Spot on on Miria.
nineinchnails
[!!!]

Post by nineinchnails »

S3AL wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:18 pm
nineinchnails wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:24 pm
Im trying to weaken them by asking them not to team kill?

Wtf nine inch, rly...
Dont think we are stupid, with 500 TD it is easy for you and some others to kick all HW players or FOPS, you just have to run into their target zone for 4 times. After 1 week nobody would choose that classes anymore...
And the aiming contest only works with medic for sure, at least as long as they have more HP and automatic self healing and health packs... but almost nobody complains about that, it's part of the game like the mortar is. It's already enough nerved... in my opinion even too much with that coloured bullet.

Dont know if I got that right, but if you think your medic-teammates teamkilling you to often, maybe think about your own play and don't rush in front of your teammates as long as they are fighting...

I have never noticed we have any bigger problems with teamkilling and TD-values also don't show any problems, even its only a statistics value.
S3AL

Post by S3AL »

Dont think we are stupid, with 500 TD it is easy for you and some others to kick all HW players or FOPS, you just have to run into their target zone for 4 times. After 1 week nobody would choose that classes anymore...
And the aiming contest only works with medic for sure, at least as long as they have more HP and automatic self healing and health packs... but almost nobody complains about that, it's part of the game like the mortar is. It's already enough nerved... in my opinion even too much with that coloured bullet.

Dont know if I got that right, but if you think your medic-teammates teamkilling you to often, maybe think about your own play and don't rush in front of your teammates as long as they are fighting...

I have never noticed we have any bigger problems with teamkilling and TD-values also don't show any problems, even its only a statistics value.
Really no point into turning this into one of your self-healing medic rant bullshits. You're not making sense. You keep repeating 500TD... No one ever suggested that... I'm not trying to kick anyone (why the fuck would I ask this if I did :"Whats the downside to disabling it overall? Curious"), you are obviously misinterpreting everything I write, its because you want it to be something its not. You thought the same when I whined about mortar, you thought "its only S3al the self healing medic who has a problem with the mortar", until you put it to a vote on the server and 75% of your playerbase was in favor to remove it. Let me just explain it clearly so you get it once and for all - I'm really not trying to make my life easier on the server, 95% of the time I play im highest damage highest fragger , and I play allies and I play objective and I switch to weaker teams, so trust me, my life there is pretty fucking easy even when I make it maximally difficult. Its not about me, even though you try so hard to make it look like it is. When I come here and say there might be a problem its because I observe that majority is experiencing that problem. If you wanna turn every discussion I initiate into a 'self healing medic' discussion, I suggest you make your own topic about nerfing the medics and get your own opinions there.

so.. where were we..
QpaQ: Oct 19, Aug 29, Jun 15, Jan 16
Monty: Jun 4, Mar 29, Mar 27, Feb 17
Miria: Oct 30, Oct 29, Oct 24, Sep 7, Aug 22, Jun 27, Feb 15, Feb 3, Jan 1
Veltins: Oct 31, Oct 23, Aug 2, Jul 1, Jun 7

Spot on on Miria.
I bet f'moon has a spot on that list too. Can you query TOP20 kicked somehow? Or you have to go name by name. I'd rly be interested in that list, in terms of 'lets see if non-asshole players show up there too', i bet they dont. I'm actually surprised qpaq is on that list, I know 1200 is reachable by reckless fopses, but mortar/panzer... you really have to be the shittiest teammate ever to reach that limit with those weapons.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Name by name or no name (all).
nineinchnails
[!!!]

Post by nineinchnails »

Hit dog barking :D
I saw the kickvotes agains qpaq, macedonia, veltins, Monty and the others... and I remember you told us beautiful stories to get rid of the mortar.
So please dont speak for the majority, do not quote any votes that anticipate the result and first think about your own play before judge others or change the rules for your own benefit.
It's easy to ask the majority (medics) to terminate the Mortar, PF and so on... where will it end? In a game even you wouldn't enjoy to play.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

> I know 1200 is reachable by reckless fopses, but mortar/panzer... you really have to be the shittiest teammate ever to reach that limit with those weapons.

You tend to watch your TD when playing fops. Some people just go spec to reset the TD but with the queue this has become harder. Most will just switch classes before hitting the 1200 TD. If people end up on the list, they most likely had plenty of games where they had 1100ish damage but just stopped short of getting kicked.

> I think we focussed more on cancel kickvotes for no reason against mortar-players and fops in the last weeks

If you dont understand the way Veltins plays ET is cancer, I'm not sure why you are a moderator. All you do is protect the assholes and cancel the votes. I've seen players start being toxic in chat and you cancelling the vote that was going to mute them citing 'personal agenda' rules which didn't make sense at all. If you manage to get a vote passed against you on hirntot you most likely deserve it. The only bullshit votes I notice is QPAQ joining the queue and getting a callvote kick, those are the only votes I personally !cancel
nineinchnails
[!!!]

Post by nineinchnails »

evirdrevo wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:46 pm
If you dont understand the way Veltins plays ET is cancer, I'm not sure why you are a moderator.
Think about your sentence mate. Who are you to tell others how to play the game? Do you think Apemode, shootej, brody and the others play the game better with 40 kills and only 2 revives per map?
The success of hirntot is to keep the game in its original style, so accept that there are different players and maybe use your brain how to avoid their attacks and get to kill them. But kickvote isn't the right way for it, that's the reason why we (not just me) !cancel that votes, also mute-votes if Monty wrote only 2 sentences before... we are not a Kindergarten, at least we try to avoid it.