you are banned from this server

Don't like the rules? Feel you've been kicked innocently? Got connection Problems? Whine here!
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
popiette

you are banned from this server

Post by popiette »

Hello folks,

I've never had any problem with any one on the server but since tonight, it says "you are banned from this server" when I'm trying to connect :cry: .
Any clues ?

Thx
sNossi
[!!!]

Re: you are banned from this server

Post by sNossi »

Ban is ban !
Man really only has what is in him.
madda
[!!!]

Post by madda »

banid?
Server?
Time?
nickname?
popiette

Post by popiette »

banid? --> How can I know that ? There's no banid in the console after it says I'm banned.
Server? --> Hirntot
Time? --> since yesterday, though nothing happened (I was never kicked or banned while playing so I don't know how this could happen)
nickname? --> popiette but it was gohan or genius the previous years

I've just tested to connect again and its still the same.
madda
[!!!]

Post by madda »

hi genius,

i cant find any informations about your ban (its a ingame ban not a hub ban).

if its not cheat related we will lift it in a few days.
popiette

Post by popiette »

An ingame ban ? Its the first time in 15 years and no i'm not cheating... I have no ban problem on other servs.
madda
[!!!]

Post by madda »

you misunderstand me. its a admin mod ban someone use !ban genius to remove you. we dont call you a cheater i mean if i receive no feedback or a demo we will lift the ban. i think you do 2-3 stupid things and the admin want to remove you for a hour and thats went wrong (u arent a dork for nothing) so have a nice evening and see you soon on server.

greetings
madda
popiette

Post by popiette »

The dork status dates back to many years, just because bloemenkool (and only him) was really pissed off for being raped near spawn in one map. I never discussed it though he was wrong, but no one ever thought to change my status through the years, although I'm a cool and clean player (ask others, I never fight or argue for anything). Even though I think that it was an overreaction and that it should be gone by now, I'm OK if you want me to keep this status forever... so be it.

But what I'm asking here is : WHERE does THIS ban come from ? Could you please tell me who did it and for what reason, because as I told you this never happened while I was playing. If I did something wrong (and I don't think its the case, that is why the whole story is annoying) I think you should at least tell me what. Thank you very much.
dichterhund
[!!!]

Post by dichterhund »

as far i can see there is no active ban by us.

you keep getting kicked for "Violation (GAME INTEGRITY) #20006" by punkbuster.
Sometimes running ET as admin works to get this problem solved, if not..
staurt (PB) wrote:I think that the 20006 integrity kick is for a harddrive issue. None of the integrity kicks are considered cheats/bans, they are just failures of some of PB's self-checks. I would recommend running scandisk and doing a full surface scan.
activision wrote:Be sure that your computer is not behind a software or hardware firewall of any kind. This includes firewalls built into routers or other equipment, as well as programs like Zone Alarm, Black Ice, and the integrated firewall in Windows XP. Activision does not support the use of our games from behind a firewall. If it is not possible to disable the firewall you will need to open the ports for Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Return to Castle Wolfenstein transmits and receives network traffic on ports 27950, 27960, 27965 and 27952 using both TCP and UDP. The exact details on opening these ports is specific to your firewall. For more information check with the firewall documentation or manufacturer.

Another common cause of problems is a poorly configured router or connection sharing solution. If you are using a router, ICS, NAT or a software gateway you may have problems playing on the internet. This is because the router may not be forwarding the correct information back to your machine. It may be possible to get around this problem using port forwarding or DMZ. You can find more information on configuring shared connections for multiplayer gaming at www.practicallynetworked.com. Please be aware that like a firewall we cannot actively support using shared connections to play online.

The most common cause of problems though is usually the simplest - an overburdened network stack. By default many computers have protocols the average person doesn't use; things like VPN or NDISWAN. You may want to contact your ISP to find out exactly which protocols you can safely remove. Often times network game problems are resolved by something as simple as removing unused adapters and protocols.

The problem may also be related the the status of your ISP or that of the server. Due to the dynamic nature of the internet and the variable levels of traffic, it is impossible to completely eliminate this error. If you are having persistent problems you may wish to try a different server, or just wait and play a little while later.
popiette

Post by popiette »

OK thanks a lot for your help, I was quite sure it was a weird bug. How strange I could play 10 years on this server, and suddenly this happens without any reason :x

None of the suggestions worked, I guess I'm condemned to play on HBC.