[!!!]Pun!* being abusive

Don't like the rules? Feel you've been kicked innocently? Got connection Problems? Whine here!
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
Monty on the Run

[!!!]Pun!* being abusive

Post by Monty on the Run »

To Hirntot co-leaders Ogniwan and c0rnn:

Unfortunately I have to report a problem I have with one of your newest members -  Pun!*.

This guy has been obsessing about me on the server for close to 4 months straight now.

After he became a member I have noticed a considerable negative change in his attitude towards me:
He is now much more confrontational in his talk towards me.
EVERY time he plays there is some mention of my nickname by him.

Typically these comments are about my gameplay:
- how my team losing was down to something I did or didn't do
- how my team damage now is X amount
- how I didn't kill enough enemies
- how I planted a mine in the wrong place
- how my skill level compares to others
- letting the opposite team know where I am hiding

These comments are all fine if they happen sporadically.
But he's at it every round.
Night after night.
At that point it gets very tiresome and stressful.

If a regular player talked as much constant nonsense about a member as Pun!* is doing about me,
then he would be muted, demoted, or both.
But because it's now a member doing the trolling then he is given extra leeway.

Now I was recently in a bit of trouble for an ill-fated comment I made in Discord.
Even though I apologized like a man, I was muted in Discord between 18. August and 18. Sept.
I took my punishment without making a big deal out of it.
And at the same time I voluntarily decided to be completely silent on the server during that period.
Part of the reason why I did so was because of the constant troll comments from Pun!*.
I wanted to see if he would leave me alone if he saw that I was just playing silently.
Unfortunately this had zero effect on Pun!*.
He kept on with his troll, for the entire 4 weeks.
There had to be at least 50 unanswered troll comments from him during this time.

When he couldn't get me to respond to his verbal taunts,
he decided to take it one step further:

Demo 2022-08-18-173611-goldrush.dm_84 is from 18. August.
Coincidentally that is the same date that Ogniwan chewed me out in Discord and muted me there for one month.
So it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what Pun!* was trying to do here.
He saw that I was in trouble in Discord, and he figured he would try to see if could piss me off and get a reaction on the server.
That is why at 09.59 in that demo from 18. August you see Pun!* push me (his teammate) onto my own 2 mines,
thus killing me and causing the team to lose the round 1 minute later.
Not very mature behaviour from someone you have elected to set an example.

c0rnn would later react to this by calling it a "dick move" when I showed him the demo.
When confronted, Pun!* claimed he had pushed me onto my mines because they were in a "bad spot".
Well if you take a look at that demo you see Pun!* try to run away just after he had pushed me.
He knew what he was doing - he wanted to piss me off so that I would say something insulting to him.
His plan was most likely to then run off to the admins and say "hey look at this, Monty is insulting on server too".
That is the game Pun!* is playing, and he's been at it now for close to 4 months.

Demo 2022-08-18-180250-railgun.dm_84 also shows Pun!* teamkilling me at 05.05.
Coincidentally this "accident" was also from 18. august.
So it seems he was trying real hard this day to make me react to him.
Even though I was behaving and not saying a single word.

On 18. October I finally had enough of Pun!* and his constant comments, and asked him to stop.
I don't remember my exact words, but they went something like this in global chat:
"Pun!* stop with your comments please. It is not funny anymore".
I gave him the courtesy of asking him nicely.
Pun!* didn't respond to my message, so I had hope that he would get the message.

But today he was at it again.
Demo 2022-10-24-195500-sw_oasis_b3.dm_84 shows Pun!* trolling me by passing the vote to disable mortar.
As you can see from the demo at 12.40, I had played mortar for only 2 minutes at that time, and killed 2 of his teammates.
And that was the first use of mortar in my team that round.
So for Pun!* to do !pass on the vote to disable mortar
(something he had not done ever before at that point),
is not only an abuse of referee privileges,
it is another example of him trying to rile me up by gibbing me and taking away my weapon.
We know with 100% certainty that this was his intention because of the comment he made 1-2 minutes later (also seen on the demo).
I didn't have time to screenshot it, but it went something like this:
"Monty you have 600 teamdamage. please do not mortar anymore".
I had made zero team damage with mortar at that point (he knew this).
The only reason why my team damage was around 600 was because player etdrver had purposely stepped on 2 of my mines earlier (also seen on the demo).

And a couple of days before that he moved me back in allies when I tried to join axis.
The teams were even when I switched teams, and he did not give an explanation as to why he did it.
Another example of him trying to rile me up.
When I politely told him that if he did it again I would report him,
his response was: "you are always reporting something anyway".

Now I can appreciate a good troll as much as anyone on here.
Talking trash and being a bit brash & abrasive is something most players do from time to time.
It's the frequency of the troll that I am objecting to.
Plus, his comments are not even remotely humorous.
When I have to read him talking to me or about me every round he is on the server,
then it gets very tiresome and stressful.
And when I ask him nicely to stop and alert him to the fact that he is making me unhappy,
then the mature thing to do as a referee is to back off.

Pun!* has said in the past that I take everything too seriously.
Well that may be so.
But I also know that the constant trolling he is doing is very serious to him.
It is not something he is doing in fun and jest.
It is something he is doing to make my stay on server unpleasant.
And it is for the sole purpose of trying to get a reaction.

I ask you two co-leaders to have a word with Pun!*.
If I promise not to comment towards Pun!* (as I showed for 4 weeks that I could do),
then it shouldn't be too much to ask that a member do the same.
Attachments
2022-10-24-200242-sw_oasis_b3.jpg
2022-10-24-200242-sw_oasis_b3.jpg (193.26 KiB) Viewed 10894 times
c0rnn
[!!!]

Re: [!!!]Pun!* being abusive

Post by c0rnn »

Tiny correction but I'm not a co-leader.

Anyway, puni said he will troll less. Nothing to add so closing this.