[solved] etkey duplicate and possible GUID Spoof after a guy connected

Don't like the rules? Feel you've been kicked innocently? Got connection Problems? Whine here!
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
Heraes

[solved] etkey duplicate and possible GUID Spoof after a guy connected

Post by Heraes »

Hello,
At some moment, I suspected a guy to cheat, as you can see in this video (timestamped) : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2015081890?t=04h54m44s
When the guy (in axis) jumped from his spawn, he shot a bullet instantly on me while I was peaking fastly (wich was bot-like), and then shortly after, we fight outside and I die very quick. I'm used to normal fight on Hirntot, expecting 3 to 6 seconds, not to be intantly headshoted like that.

But the most surprising is when the map changes, and I load it but it get stuck so I type "/reconnect", as you can see here (timestamped too) : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2015081890?t=04h58m36s

I have an error message saying "Bad GUID: duplicate etkey". I tried several time to reconnect on Hirntot, and had always this message. But when I went on another public server, no message anymore !

So... In my mind, this guy is a cheater, and he spoofed my GUID when coming on your server. Am I dreaming ? :(
His name is Warp. Perfect name for a guy who would like to steal guids like a worm...
I don't know, maybe it's not him but an other guy during this game. Or even a coincidence, but I prefer to tell you.
Last edited by Heraes on Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Re: etkey duplicate and possible GUID Spoof after a guy connected

Post by c0rnn »

He isn't cheating, no. The duplicate GUID was because your client lagged on the server but was still connected, then you reconnected and so there were 2 clients with the same GUID.
Heraes

Re: etkey duplicate and possible GUID Spoof after a guy connected

Post by Heraes »

I managed to reconnect, so I guess you're right. But the day I was stuck with the error message, disconnecting/reconnecting or relaunching the game wasn't helping. It's strange. To me, it's coherent with a GUID spoofing by a player. Anyway, problem solved (if by chance the problem reoccur when the guy connects to your server, I'll come back here :mrgreen: ).