oink goes too far

Don't like the rules? Feel you've been kicked innocently? Got connection Problems? Whine here!
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
Monty on the Run

oink goes too far

Post by Monty on the Run »

There's been at least 2 times in the past where player oink has referred to me as "breivik" on server. This is obviously in reference to one of the worst serial killers in recent history. To make matters worse, his killings took place in the country where I live. Just about everyone in my country has been affected by the massacre in one way or another. I happened to know one of the victims (he lived 0.5 km from my house). There are countless memorial sites scattered around our country, reminding us of the tragedy. If one were to even make light of what happened, they will have the police on their door the next day. That's the reality.

It makes me a bit bewildered to see oink seemingly think that he has full anonymity behind his computer to say whatever he wants. I could easily report him via INTERPOL. Tonight oink did it again:

For context, oink is angry here because he made a leap for the guns on Battery (wanting to plant dyna within the next 30 seconds to trigger sudden death). When I catch him with my panzer, he responds in this shambolic manner.

I wouldn't want oink to receive a ban, as he is usually well behaved, but I would like someone to explain to him that it is not ok to reference real-life tragedies when playing a computer game.
trinita
[!!!]

Re: oink goes too far

Post by trinita »

Monty on the Run wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:36 pm
I would like someone to explain to him that it is not ok to reference real-life tragedies when playing a computer game.
I will talk to him at first oportunity.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Monty on the Run wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:36 pm
It makes me a bit bewildered to see oink seemingly think that he has full anonymity behind his computer to say whatever he wants. I could easily report him via INTERPOL.
I hope you're joking, that's neither illegal nor in the domain of INTERPOL.
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

He did it again tonight at 19.30:

Thanks for kicking him. When he came back around 40 minutes later, the first thing he did was kickvote me... then following me around and shoving me... and finally bleeding me with a flamethrower. I'm not going to bother posting the full demo evidence of this, as I suspect oink might be slightly autistic.

Player AllNightDancing didn't see the problem. "But Poltard is ok" he fumed. He then rattled off this little gem:

The rules could maybe be amended, to make it clear that any kind of namecalling or provocations that involves real-life tragedies are prohibited.