What are you feelings with new maps?

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
sNossi
[!!!]

Re: What are you feelings with new maps?

Post by sNossi »

I like every map! Changes are welcome: P
You can change the maps every week !

Greetings !
:arrow: snOssi ! :)
Man really only has what is in him.
hyperloop

Post by hyperloop »

c0rnn wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:51 am
What's wrong with etl_frostbite?
This version is a bit smaller then the original, and as I said before, its dark textures are annoying. When introducing custom maps to the server the safest bet would be to include versions that most players are familiar with. Frostbite is probably the best map suited for a server of this size.
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

Liquid Sn. wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:28 pm
Frostbite version is not the normal one - etl_frostbite_v5
My only suggestion regarding 9 map campaign would be not to put custom maps at the end of the campaign but mix them into it.
For example:
That way everybody can decide for them self if they like to play custom maps or not.

!standard & !custom btw
Liquid Sn.
[!!!]

Post by Liquid Sn. »

If i put the command for example on radar, will it wait for the campaign to end and next one is gonna be with customs?
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Yes.
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

hyperloop wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:05 am
Most of the original maps have 2 big routes which spread players a bit.
Another map with 2 big routes, would be TC_BASE. Any others?
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

i dont like to play at any ET Custom maps ,for me is the worst ET standard map lets say Feuldump still better than the best Custom map,and i think Hirntot server should stuck to the root of ET with its org.maps.
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

c0rnn wrote:
Supply_pro aka Supply Night was my idea, Harlekin switched it to normal xD
I liked that you could destroy the truck on Supply Night. If you could edit the normal version to have this feature that would be great.
c0rnn wrote:
What's wrong with etl_frostbite?
I think most reactions to that version is as if they just let their mom/girlfriend redecorate their gaming cave. The crate boxes near the transmitter got turned into firewood and now the axis have no cover.
Harlekin wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 pm
Another map with 2 big routes, would be TC_BASE. Any others?
Troop Train ofc ;) my serious suggestions would be Baserace Christmas and North Pole. Without these two maps, there will be no Christmas.
Stanley wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:52 am
i dont like to play at any ET Custom maps ,for me is the worst ET standard map lets say Feuldump still better than the best Custom map,and i think Hirntot server should stuck to the root of ET with its org.maps.
Hey Stanley, glad you made it on forum :) I think that now that Hirnlos hardly have anyone playing there, the only option for those who only liked custom maps is to go elsewhere, or quit the game. In that sense it would be irresponsible not to offer some custom maps on Hirntot - for ET's long-term survival.
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

Monty on the Run wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:23 am
I think most reactions to that version is as if they just let their mom/girlfriend redecorate their gaming cave. The crate boxes near the transmitter got turned into firewood and now the axis have no cover.
Mapper also noticed that he missed some boxes, new version will include them.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

Had not played in a while but I was missing my quality time with olyfag so I decided to boot up ET again.

The changes implemented are bold but definitely seemed to have increased server activity and brought new people to our community.

What I think is good about these changes is that you kept the old maps and added three popular custom maps which attracts players from other servers, it's a good blend of hirntot 6 and other remaining servers.

I don't suggest changing the three custom maps all the time, Nexus did a lot of map changes in the last year of it's existence and it did not pay off. Changing a server is a risky move, so if you decided on changing the custom maps do so one map at a time. For example replace Bremen with north Pole for december, and in januari you change another custom map. However be carefull as to not pick mainstream custom maps, frankly I wouldn't change maps all the time. Maybe change one custom map every three months?

As for the other changes ( SK limit, TD limit raised to 1500, etc): great job!