What are you feelings with new maps?

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
crUx

Re: What are you feelings with new maps?

Post by crUx »

Can we get rid of that hideous teams are not balanced script. It clearly doesn't work and keeps on spamming the red text even when teams are balanced in either numbers or xp.
PaRtaGe

Post by PaRtaGe »

Good idea to put these customs maps.
crUx

Post by crUx »

Could you please remove Northpole, I hate it with passion, it is like shittier version of Fuel Dump :evil:
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

crUx wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:02 am
Can we get rid of that hideous teams are not balanced script. It clearly doesn't work and keeps on spamming the red text even when teams are balanced in either numbers or xp.
yeah i noticed that it fails. don't know the reason... Feature is disabled. Or is anyone willing to fix it for us?
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

evirdrevo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:44 pm
Had not played in a while but I was missing my quality time with olyfag so I decided to boot up ET again.

The changes implemented are bold but definitely seemed to have increased server activity and brought new people to our community.

What I think is good about these changes is that you kept the old maps and added three popular custom maps which attracts players from other servers, it's a good blend of hirntot 6 and other remaining servers.

I don't suggest changing the three custom maps all the time, Nexus did a lot of map changes in the last year of it's existence and it did not pay off. Changing a server is a risky move, so if you decided on changing the custom maps do so one map at a time. For example replace Bremen with north Pole for december, and in januari you change another custom map. However be carefull as to not pick mainstream custom maps, frankly I wouldn't change maps all the time. Maybe change one custom map every three months?

As for the other changes ( SK limit, TD limit raised to 1500, etc): great job!
I also dislike North Pole. It will be online for few days... as map 10. New campaign file is created and will be activated from 21 december till maybe end of the year.

Adding custom maps to Hirntot didn't bring up only positive feedbeck even from Hirntot Member. But it looks like players accept it. Also we won't change custom maps wekkly or monthly... There is another campaign with the map Pirates as map 10 of 10... for now this place holds North Pole...
sNossi
[!!!]

Post by sNossi »

The best thing is the coca cola truck
Campania is good.The server has gained new players what I see :!:
Man really only has what is in him.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Harlekin wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:10 pm
Also we won't change custom maps wekkly or monthly... There is another campaign with the map Pirates as map 10 of 10... for now this place holds North Pole...
Northpole is just for the holiday spirit, I dislike it too. I would suggest back to bremen_b3 instead of pirates after, or even back to supply and limit fops to level 1.

Also Homer used to admin a public server back in the day and airfield assault used to be fun: https://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=55
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

c0rnn wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:45 am
Northpole is just for the holiday spirit, I dislike it too. I would suggest back to bremen_b3 instead of pirates after, or even back to supply and limit fops to level 1.
Please don't turn this server into some elitist environment where arty/heavy weapons have to be restricted in order to promote "fun" for those only focused on SMG skill. Many servers tried that in the past and they're all gone.

Arty is part of the game and with the current server setting of max teamdamage it is impossible to throw as much arty as you would like without teammates getting you kicked. Arty have to be used sparringly.

I can't believe you would advocate to limit field ops to level 1 on Supply. At that point in the campaign most medics and engineers will have reached level 4. Does it seem fair that one class can be level 4 and another only level 1? I know arty can be a nag to come up against, but that's why the game creators decided that medics should be able to have adrenaline & full heal, and engineers the coveted flak jacket. It's a natural progression in the campaign that as the arty becomes more heavy, the resistance to it from medics and engineers become stronger. Please don't break up this balance.

I'm just worried what will be next if this fops level 1 now becomes the norm. Soldiers with max level 1 to protect players from mortars?

I also have to take issue with limiting fops to level 1 on Battery (map 2 in current campaign). You've already given 3 clear advantages to allies on this map:
- the ramp can only be destroyed by dyna after a few builds
- the allies start with forward spawn
- the allies get even more forward spawns once they build CP

With the limit of level 1 for fops that's another clear advantage in allies' favour. To balance this out it would only seem logical to remove forward spawns at the start, so that all allies spawn in the water like they used to (where their spawn protection area is still marked). That way snipers in the axi bunker can actually see the enemy on the other side and Battery becomes not only more fair, but also more action-packed.

I'm just curious about your map tastes, c0rnn. You dislike Northpole more than Frank Costanza dislikes Christmas, you prefer a box map like Bremen over the glorious detail and replayability of Pirates, and 10 minutes of innocent fun on Trooptrain is a thumbs down because it's "too linnear". It would seem that any map that have shown just a hinch of creativity and goofiness you are eager to shut down. Are we stuck playing Supply, Bremen, tc_base, Adlernest, et_beach, and Frostbite the next 5 years now? Name one exotic map outside of these six that you actually like (aside from airfield assualt)?
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Fop is also limited to 1 on goldrush and nobody is complaining. In fact, they would complain if it wasn't. And you are the only one vocal about this being a problem on battery, others welcomed this change and I think it was long overdue.

I also like reactor, but it's too small for 24 players.

Edit: level 2 not 1.
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

c0rnn wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:11 am
Fop is also limited to 1 on goldrush and nobody is complaining. In fact, they would complain if it wasn't.
If you recall I suggested back in September that Battery be moved to first map in campaign to avoid too much arty. I thought it was a good idea to have the maps we didn't want too much arty on to be placed first in the queue like this... but now you are advocating that not only the first map in campaign should have fop limitation, but also the second one, and possibly Supply as well. It's too much. Hirntot have survived for over a decade with no fops limitation and I don't recall there being any sort of fuss about it.

My point about Battery is that if you add fops limitation then you should take one of the other 3 mentioned modifications away. Make it balanced.
c0rnn wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:11 am
I also like reactor, but it's too small for 24 players.
That's a good choice. I also like V2Base because it expands to an underground floor and is therefore suitable for any number of players.