Northpole

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
evirdrevo

Northpole

Post by evirdrevo »

I think nostalgia got the better of us since I also have fond memories of playing Northpole in the past but playing it again I just realized its a shit map. It is too big, too flat and too open. A covert can sit at the back of the map and even with a 4k monitor you wouldn't be able to spot the bright blue helmet at the back. Hardly anyone enjoys it and its a teambleed and wait for spam to end map. Please remove it asap!
nineinchnails
[!!!]

Re: Northpole

Post by nineinchnails »

Northpole has to be modified like the other maps. Without modifications it's hard to play for Axis, specially when Allies know the map and Axis not.

Modifies like:
Flag is not recaptureable for Axis
Tunnel Exit not able to cover with snipers
No Arti spamming at the flag etc.

I think it could be a great map, but not without rules.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

nineinchnails wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:20 pm
Flag is not recaptureable for Axis
Why would that help?

Maybe next year we try one of baserace christmas versions...
nineinchnails
[!!!]

Post by nineinchnails »

Many reasons.

Why axis got 30 sec respawn time? With that settings nearly unplayable...

CP-Spawn for Axis would be nice? Maybe no CP for Allies... we could manage it.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Axis st is 15, allied 25. Edit: it actually wasn't, but is now fixed.

You said the map is hard for Axis and then write Axis shouldn't be able to capture the flag... I don't get it?
nineinchnails wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:20 pm
No Arti spamming at the flag etc.
We could add spawnkill protection roof at flag to block arty/mortar.
nineinchnails
[!!!]

Post by nineinchnails »

Yesterday I got 30 st playing axis, for sure :S

I mean, if axis capture the flag it shouldnt be recaptureable for allies. Maybe a second spawn for axis behind bridge (at CP )
popiette

Post by popiette »

We can also just admit that everyone is leaving when northpole starts and that its a shit map. :mrgreen:
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

evirdrevo wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:48 pm
Hardly anyone enjoys it and its a teambleed and wait for spam to end map. Please remove it asap!
Why do most people who complain about a map on this forum have to propagate their opinions onto others?

It's true, every time we play a relative rare custom map there are on average 2-4 players who are lost and start complaining (mainly because they are too lazy to press L and read)... but that in no way shape or form constitutes "everyone". Should we count those who choose to be quiet and enjoy the map as "positive" towards the map?

As for Northpole, there are built-in clues on how to play the map in the form of this sign: !

Couple that with the ability to press L and read, and there is no way to get lost. Unless you dislike the map and purposely want to appear as lost.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

Monty on the Run wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:44 pm
Why do most people who complain about a map on this forum have to propagate their opinions onto others?

It's true, every time we play a relative rare custom map there are on average 2-4 players who are lost and start complaining (mainly because they are too lazy to press L and read)... but that in no way shape or form constitutes "everyone". Should we count those who choose to be quiet and enjoy the map as "positive" towards the map?

As for Northpole, there are built-in clues on how to play the map in the form of this sign: !

Couple that with the ability to press L and read, and there is no way to get lost. Unless you dislike the map and purposely want to appear as lost.
I'm playing the map and the gameplay is just bad. It is not an issue about not understanding the map objectives or knowing what to do, it is just that the layout of the map is too big and too open to be playable (for axis). I'm sure some people enjoy the map, especially allies but that doesn't change the fact it is inherently a bad map.
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

It was nice that we got to visit Northpole this year too. Here's a pic of the real Santa village in Finland: