Red Zones

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
evirdrevo

Red Zones

Post by evirdrevo »

Can we update the red zones on maps which changed?

For example on Battery attack the second allied respawn got moved up the hill but the red zone is still indicated to be at its original point. Lots of no obj snipers used to hide there and they still do, but since it is no longer a spawnpoint can we move up the red zone to where the allied actually spawn?

On goldrush defence a while ago when Snoop was still playing, he went PF in the last stage of the game. We managed to get up the last truck barrier and set up a valid last stand when Snoop shot a pf at the incoming allied respawn. Het got kicked and I haven't seen him join the server ever since. Leaving Snoop and his heroic pf out of the equation once the truck has been taken the second allied respawn shouldn't have a red zone to protect it. It is almost impossible to win the map once truck gets taken, no need to kick people from trying to do so!

I'll have a more detailed look at the other maps, but I think those two are the biggest red zone mistakes we have at this moment.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Re: Red Zones

Post by c0rnn »

Goldrush redzone and spawnroof is disabled when allies get the truck near the barrier, this got implemented due to Monty's suggestion months ago.

For battery, yes, also good idea.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

Goldrush i'm refering to the first Spawn.

Also on the new maps People get kicked for red zones that are not indicatief in limbo.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Yes, the first allied spawn is not protected when the truck is near truck barrier 2, there is also an in-game announcement saying that.

We should update the limbo images, yes, but spawns should be obvious to everyone that they're protected.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

I'm sure Snoop got kicked for shooting a pf from last truck barrier into the first allied respawn and getting kicked over it. Truck had been long taken and was already passed truck barrier one.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

It's not disabled immediately the truck gets stolen, but when it's near truck barrier #2 I think.
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

evirdrevo wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:05 pm
For example on Battery attack the second allied respawn got moved up the hill but the red zone is still indicated to be at its original point. Lots of no obj snipers used to hide there and they still do, but since it is no longer a spawnpoint can we move up the red zone to where the allied actually spawn?
Did you update the red zone indicator on Battery map? I just fired a panzer up the allied forward spawn at backpath and was put spectator for spawnkill - even though the map said that the red zone was way down at water (where the snipers like to hang out).
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Red zones moved up on battery, although not indicated on the command map.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

People were put in spectator last night when playing the custom maps for shooting at invisible red zones
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

It's like playing Russian roulette :)