a tribute to The Renate

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
Monty on the Run

a tribute to The Renate

Post by Monty on the Run »

Guten tag. I want to talk about a "special" player called The Renate. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this nick over the years. I don't know how long he's been active with this nick, but it feels like at least 8 years. Throughout the years we've seen him offer good teamplay and hardly ever break rules. On the surface it would appear that he is a nice quiet choir boy.

Only on the surface.

The Renate is making a name for himself as one who will send snappy insult via private message if you frag him in-game. It can be innocent stuff like "ass" or "jerk". His other favorite thing to do is refer to your genetalia and point out how small it is. For the longest time, these little nibbles that he sends you via PM were just amusing (in the same manner that one might find raging lunatics on the streets amusing).

However, lately it would appear that his penchant for insults are becoming symbolic for more deep-rooted problems of self-esteem and body-image. If The Renate would let me pay for his psychiatric evaluation then I would be more than happy to contribute and send him off to the funny farm.

Tonight for example, one of the players informed in public that The Renate was sending him insults via PM. I pointed out that The Renate is known for this tactic, and that it's really a badge of honor to be given this attention from him.

And now The Renate comes on glue:

I could have posted probably close to 100 screenshots of The Renate sending me weird stuff via PM over the years. Sometimes he will spam his insults over and over in PM, to make sure his victims will read them. One time he forgot to use the console when writing up his PM insult, and instead wrote in the main chat: /m [victim] [looooooong insult]. We all laughed at his incompetence.

Here's a sample of his work back in December, during his "Merkel on the Run" phase:

I'm sure what I'm experiencing is only the tip of the iceberg. If others are pointing out in-game that The Renate is sending them insults, then I'm wondering how broad his terror reaches. So let's try this experiement: I want everyone to screenshot when The Renate sends you an insult in PM and then post it here.

By the way, I was called a "Petze" by The Renate just now (for pointing out in main chat that he's known for insulting in PM). A "Petze" is apparently a snitch of some sort. I must object to that notion. If The Renate is not brave enough to stand up and insult players in public, then it's not "snitching" to expose him. Quite the opposite; it's a brave gesture.
Harlekin

Re: a tribute to The Renate

Post by Harlekin »

Jesus so much text for this. Please use ignore command... Works pretty good.
Sometimes it feels like you be always victim of such things... Maybe you care to much about kiddy's mental trash they send to you.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

How about telling him to stop doing that? I think a lot of us have had the same experience with him. I never tot the ignore cmd to work nor should I be manually muting him everytime i join the server. It's kinda funny Monty is complaining about this since he does the same.
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

If ine if our admins is around while he is online... We try to tell him that. You could also try !admin Renate is online... Then we might be able to join and tell him.
Monty on the Run

Renate rides again :lol:

OgniW@n
[!!!]

Post by OgniW@n »

Sorry mate, but one could alos read that your "order" wont help to get less tention between u both.

Just my 2 cents.
FudgeBalls

Post by FudgeBalls »

Monty is my BFF but he can be quite a handful; a simple fight to the death will alleviate us of this problem.
Monty on the Run

FudgeBalls wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:55 pm
Monty is my BFF but he can be quite a handful; a simple fight to the death will alleviate us of this problem.
In ancient times, Monty would invade the favella and kill anyone not fit enough to work (starting with FudgeBalls)... but these are different times we live in and Monty will be more than happy to see to it that you all meet your demise via a sharp and decisive panzer rocket.
FudgeBalls

Post by FudgeBalls »

Please don't bore us with your dreams Monty. Go open the fridge and do what you do best.
Monty on the Run

I am the best in the world at what I do.