muchacho's ping fluctuating between 0 and 48

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
Monty on the Run

muchacho's ping fluctuating between 0 and 48

Post by Monty on the Run »

The ping of muchacho fluctuates between 0-48 constantly:

https://streamable.com/198f54

The only one on server with ping behaviour like this is muchacho.
The question then becomes: is it because of his connection, or his config?
If it's his config, then someone would have figured out a way to replicate him by now.

What Monty do know is that he's never seen muchacho lose a straight up 1on1 battle with SMG.
When muchacho and his opponent notice each other at the same time, muchacho always comes out on top.
How much of this is down to muchacho's ping Monty wonders.

With players complaining about lag spikes, stuttering, etc, you never see muchacho falter.
He stays fresh as a daisy at all times.
Sometimes he will even allow his opponent to get a headstart with shooting, and still win the duel with dual-pistols.

This thread is not to be confused with other comments on forum/Discord where players whine and ask for ban just because another player have owned them.
Monty admires muchacho for his energy and accurate shooting.
But at the same token he also grins at how poorly he mistimes his runs and fail to judge scope of arty.
Clearly there's a headless chicken inside muchacho's being, and for that you have to ask yourselves:
How well would he play with a normal ping like the rest of us?
evirdrevo

Re: muchacho's ping fluctuating between 0 and 48

Post by evirdrevo »

If you lower or raise the packets with your fps you can raise or lower your ping in ET, but we all know that is bullshit since you cant improve your ping with software. I wouldn't rely on ET to measure your ping, why do you think most people have 48 ping? It is hugely inaccurate in the way it measures.

The only thing that is relevant is where the server is hosted and where he lives, that is the most influential. But in the end laggers have their advantages as well, like a better peak adavantage due to how antilag works. (lets just hope acid never reads this)
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Muchacho capped his fps to 120 in nvidia control panel. This causes the weird ping.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

If he is using a 144hz monitor i'd rather set a custom resolution to 125hz, but i'll have to try this myself tonight :D

edit: tried it for science, capped at 120 fps and ping result in et didnt change
Monty on the Run

c0rnn wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:36 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVcKeAEiDl4
At 0.44 we see that he named his computer "wolf PC".
Who in their right mind would need to dedicate a single computer to play a 20 year old game?

The background music in his YouTube video is also kinda eerie.
It feels like you're watching a terrorist prepare for his final mission.

And what's with the "shinshan" in his YouTube username?
The word "shinshan" means "scammer" in Hindu.

This muchacho probably moonlights as a Microsoft tech support scammer during day (on his "work PC").
And plays ET during the evening (on his "wolf PC").
OgniW@n
[!!!]

Post by OgniW@n »

Monty on the Run wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:17 pm
At 0.44 we see that he named his computer "wolf PC".
Who in their right mind would need to dedicate a single computer to play a 20 year old game?
Me!
hyperloop

Post by hyperloop »

Monty on the Run wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:17 pm
#Metoo, ET no worky on macs.
c0rnn wrote:
Im not sure if this is an attempt to prove anything, cause it isn't. The fact remains, his ping fluctuates like crazy. I can't find any other reason I can't hit his head. Im hitting Nigero, uYop, suukhs, heads etc just fine. I even did empirical testing with my usual backrape of him at Goldrush, still his head is hidden somewhere. He even moonwalks most mines, its outright funny sometimes.

Im not holding it against him, mucha is a good guy, but I am nowhere close to crack the code of hitting muchas head :D :lol:
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

thanks for posting hist desktop with the fr33thy guide. You made me nerd couple hours of my day going through his guides, some nice stuff in there.

ISLC program is neat and the latencymonitor made me clean up a lot of junk and got it halved.

Also makes sense he is using an older OS, going through the guys guides. I never liked windows 10 for fps gaming but it all makes a lot more sense now :o
Monty on the Run

hyperloop wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:51 pm
c0rnn wrote:
Im not sure if this is an attempt to prove anything, cause it isn't. The fact remains, his ping fluctuates like crazy. I can't find any other reason I can't hit his head.
The only way to find out if his ping got anything to do with this is for admins to force him to play with settings where his ping won't fluctuate.
Then you'll quickly see if he can still pull off owning others with his dual-pistols when his opponent got a MP40/Thompson.