Map list

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
popiette

Map list

Post by popiette »

Just a suggestion, but now there ain't that many players still around on pubs, I think it would be nice to prevent Hirntot from emptying every time railgun starts... I'm pretty sure everyone would agree to replace it by a map that all players like, such as Supply Depot for example. Maybe try a poll or something ? Thanks
c0rnn
[!!!]

Re: Map list

Post by c0rnn »

Hirntot is only default/stock maps.
popiette

Post by popiette »

Why ?
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Because it always was and will be.

There are some changes to the stock maps to make them better/fairer, such as the ramp to MG and destroyable backdoor in Battery, allied spawn at CP and bridge to fueldump roof in Fueldump, etc. These are tweaks that are possible with a mapscript file and don't require to modify the entire map.

The axis spawn in the tower in Railgun is also an example of this, default Railgun doesn't have those spawns.

In my opinion, Railgun could be further improved by:

1. Making the flag at depot yard easier to catch by placing it outside where the MG is and removing the MG
2. a) Making the tug go faster or
2. b) Making the tug go slower BUT make it only possible for Axis to move it

This is possible to do with a mapscript.

evirdrevo could maybe list some other improvements for the maps.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b9a23au75 ... t.zip/file

I made 3 mapscripts in three different folders, all include Ragnar's 6 Axis tower spawns script and mortis' oil tank exploit fix. I made the following changes:

All:
- fixed missing sound: "railgun_axis_capture_depot" -> "railgun_axis_depot_capture

"newflag" mapscript:
- MG at Depot Yard removed and Flag moved to its place

"newflag_fastertrain" mapscript:
- 25% faster train, from 200 to 250

"newflag_slowertrain" mapscript:
- 25% slower train, from 200 to 150
- Allies cannot move the train back (train_enable_allies)
edit: slower train version, but allies can also move the tug back: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/x0rnn ... in2.script

MagicTuna

Post by MagicTuna »

That are very interesting ideas but I would hold back with driveable tug for Axis only. Instead of that I would recommend to set Axis 20 sec spawn and Allied 30 sec, because it's the very only map where the Axis are attacking and Allied forces are defending.
There is a huge lack of team work and focusing on obj by the Axis, therefore my idea with making tug faster and moving flag to the ex-MG place looks nice for me.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

If the Allied spawntime is increased then the train speed should stay default. But yea, the spawntime increase is also a nice and simple idea. But I think it would make the map too easy for Axis then. Change the flag only or make the train faster and change the flag would be my choice - same adjustment for both teams.
nineinchnails
[!!!]

Post by nineinchnails »

I like the suggestion with the Depot Yard spawn.
Buro

Post by Buro »

But for me it can stay like it is now, maybe change spawntimes.
diarrhea

Post by diarrhea »

Maybe it would introduce 2 new maps (supply and delivery) instead of radar and railgun?