Map list

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
Buro

Re: Map list

Post by Buro »

delivery? neva
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Another map tweak might be in Oasis, enable 2 Allied spawn positions in this room after the Old City Wall is destroyed:

And for the Axis side, add 2 spawn positions above the 2nd spawn in this room (there are already spawns here, but they only seem to trigger when there are 12+ Axis players?):

This is to combat spawnraping from both sides, when the Axis are too strong and when the Allies are too strong.

Mapscript (includes "no-teamdoor" script that removes door next to wall when it is destroyed, doesn't include anti-sk roofs and timebonus):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ebhcdngho ... t.pk3/file

IMO this would make the gameplay more dynamic on Oasis.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

if there is anything wrong with railgun its the respawntimes of axis and allies being the exact same resulting in unwinnable maps when allies spawn one second before axis for example.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

> And for the Axis side, add 2 spawn positions above the 2nd spawn in this room (there are already spawns here, but they only seem to trigger when there are 12+ Axis players?):

If everyone were to be using spawnpoint 5 you'd have two guys spawning there consistently. It even used to work back in 6vs6 if everyone took spawnpoint 5 and enough people respawned.
diarrhea

Post by diarrhea »

It is necessary to introduce new maps. People are fleeing on HBC. Hirntot was once besieged ... until the noon is empty. These basic 6 maps are limited and people get bored. Time for changes.
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

c0rnn wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:03 am
Another map tweak might be in Oasis, enable 2 Allied spawn positions in this room after the Old City Wall is destroyed:

Mapscript (includes "no-teamdoor" script that removes door next to wall when it is destroyed, doesn't include anti-sk roofs and timebonus):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ebhcdngho ... t.pk3/file

IMO this would make the gameplay more dynamic on Oasis.
I give it a try. This evening i put it on the server.
popiette

Post by popiette »

diarrhea wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:15 pm
It is necessary to introduce new maps. People are fleeing on HBC. Hirntot was once besieged ... until the noon is empty. These basic 6 maps are limited and people get bored. Time for changes.
Every time I said that (which is, stating the obvious), the only answer I got was "THIS SERVER WILL NEVER CHANGE. NEVER. EVEN IF MY WHOLE FAMILY MUST DIE. NEVER DUDE"
And then I ask why, and the answer is "BECAUSE. NEVER !!!§§§§§§ SNEVERRRR §§§§ YOU HEAR ME, NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!! LET THE SERVER DIE ALONE BUT DONT CHANGE A DAMN THING $$$$!!!"

But a real answer with arguments, I could never get. I really can't figure out why.
So, i'm happy to see people agree with me, but I have to add : have fun trying :mrgreen:
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

take a look here: Suggest map for Hirntot Campaign.

I don't think we have to argue why we never added custom maps to hirntot (beside northpole for xmas)

Hirntot is loved and hated for having "only" standard maps. Some player are oldskool and just like to play what they know. Some play here cause of the other players, and other cause there ain't much else left to play etpro. Whatever the reason is, we are happy to still being able to play et with real players.

even if we startet a poll or talk about hirntot and custom maps, it is no sure if we will add any to hirntot.