Custom maps for Hirntot

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

Shall we add some Custom maps to Hirntot?

Yeahhhh
17%
No.
39%
Add custom keep standard.
44%

Total votes: 18

Harlekin

Custom maps for Hirntot

Post by Harlekin »

We talked about custom maps for Hirntot 10 years ago. That was the point we started Hirnlos. As we all know Hirnlos ain`t Hirntot we maybe should at least talk about a change/addition in the Campaign of hirntot.
Most hated maps Seawall Battery & Railgun. Correct me if i'm wrong.
I personal miss a bit the flair of "new" maps. Also i'm against great experiments with the campaign. If something will ever be changed on the cycle it will me tiny changes.

Post maps if you want a change and vote....
mETLA

Re: Custom maps for Hirntot

Post by mETLA »

I'd prefer if hirnlos becomes active again, but as the playerbase in et is slowly but constantly shrinking, I can't see this happening anymore, so a few custom maps on hirntot could be nice.
Battery and railgun are the most hated maps in the rotation, thats true. For me personally battery is fine after the first stage is over tho (as soon as allies constructed the cp and captured the flag); only the beach is annoying. The problem with railgun probably is that axis have to attack, and players who are in axis usually don't want to attack, so they focus on defending the bunker instead.
So if the majority of people doesn't want new maps maybe cornn could change a few mapscripts again, so on battery allies spawn at the undestroyable cp and the non-capturable flag; and on railgun - if that's possible - allies and axis switch spawnpoints and objectives, so allies are attacking and try to load the gun.
Also I personally would like to replace goldrush and oasis with their stopwatch versions.
If new maps will be added they should be big enough to be playable when the server is full with 24; supply, bremen or frostbite for example could work.
Pullapoika
[!!!]

Post by Pullapoika »

Maybe we could keep the standard 6 maps and add 1-2 new maps to the campaign which could be changed every now and then (e.g. monthly). Or we could ditch battery and railgun, or whatever maps are voted to be the worst, and replace them with new maps. I think supply might be too crowded for 24 players, at least the first stage, but bremen, frostbite and maybe adlernest could work.
mETLA wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:50 pm

Also I personally would like to replace goldrush and oasis with their stopwatch versions.
+1
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

My Favourite would be: Replace Seawall Battery with ET Beach Invasion final 1.1* and see how ppl accept the change. Or just add 1 map to the cycle.
hyperloop

Post by hyperloop »

I voted no. For me the 6 map campaign is all about nostalgia. The fact that there is a server with the 6 original maps still in existence is baffeling after all these years. In reality there are only 2 servers left for pubbing on the etpro mod, HBC and Hirntot. For some, its like choosing between cholera or the bubonic plague. :D The fragger would hate the map pool on Hirntot, but hate the shitty server settings, lags, and admins on HBC. Atleast I adhere to this trail of thought. I wish to honour the remaining years of ET keeping Hirntot the last standing server with the orignal 6 map campaign.

Some will always say that some of the maps make playing on either axis or allied unbearable. I say, its nothing more than a matter of balancing the teams. I find it hard myself when I find myself on the "worse" team, and no advancement on the map is made. You can quickly percive when a map is going to be difficult, but right here is the motiavation for me. I like to try new methods and tactics, or just keep pushing, and maybe, one is "lucky" to bypass the "better" team. In fact these are some of the best/fun games to me. You need a little struggle in your life ;)

I dont mind a little adjustment by adding a map or 2 to the rotation to boost numbers for some time, but please keep Hirntot as original as possible.
Buro

Post by Buro »

Replacing battery could be good. Even if I dont like that map, it is still classic one ;) But dont change that maps so much... add maybe delivery and/or aldernest/b4. I like server like it had been before crash....
AND I LOVE !mana SOUND OMG

EDIT: Or just add 1 map to the cycle and make 3 different cycles added 1 custom map in each.
But my heart tells me to leave only standard !
apina

Post by apina »

-battery +bremen
-railgun +adlernest
-fueldump +braundorf

-soldier levels and fieldop 3 +apina admin
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

One of my fondest Hirntot memories was during Christmas time when we played the 6 standard maps, and then got to play North Pole as the 7th map :)

Now before you chastise the North Pole map, keep in mind that this was just 1/7 part of the campaign and therefore players seemed to accept it. What made this setup successful was that we got the 6 standard maps that we’re all familiar with, and then an exotic map at the end. It offered something for everyone.

With that in mind I’d like to see custom maps again added to Hirntot. If it was my choice I’d get off the whole idea that any custom map added must be ones with competitive play in mind such as Bremen, Adlernest, Braundorf, Supply, and so on. There’s no guarantee that these custom maps are what will keep ET alive. If anything, they are more likely to bore players when these same maps have been featured predominantly on other servers for close to a decade.

I’d like to see Hirntot be a bit more daring and add exotic maps such as Baserace, Trooptrain, Venice, V2Base, Glider Assault, Vemork, Eagles 2 Ways, Kung Fu Grip, and for December: North Pole.

If you check out wolfenstein4ever.de you’ll see that every month there are new maps being introduced and improved upon. Many of these maps have impressive detail and a lot of thought seem to have been put into them. Why not give some of them a shot from time to time and “reward” the mapmakers who in 2018 are still dedicated to creating new content?

One thing I notice about Hirntot currently is that once the campaign is over, that’s the time when most players decide to leave. This makes sense, as most players don’t want to leave when they’ve reached the latter stages of a campaign and are enjoying a full level 4 for their chosen class. I therefore think that if you prolong the length of the campaign, then you will also prolong the length of which a player decides to stay. Create a 9 map campaign and see if my theory holds true.

Last point I’d like to make is that for the 6 standard maps, 5 of them are set up with axis defending. It would probably help on the motivation of some players if you added custom maps where allies are the defending team.
popiette

Post by popiette »

-rail +supply and the server would already be 10 times better.
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »