Goldrush allied protected spawn

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
Monty on the Run

Goldrush allied protected spawn

Post by Monty on the Run »

Just got kicked for killing 2 allies right behind truck just before goal line on Goldrush. I destroyed the truck, but unbeknownst to me the allied spawn at where truck wins the map was still protected. I think it would be a good idea to unprotect this allied spawn area once they steal tank. We have to be able to shoot panzers/artillery at truck despite it running close to allied spawn.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Re: Goldrush allied protected spawn

Post by c0rnn »

That could be done, but by then allies practically won already anyway.
Monty on the Run

c0rnn wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:21 pm
That could be done, but by then allies practically won already anyway.
Not if it's a matter of seconds and allies get wiped out and don't have time to repair truck before the timer runs out. Granted, those type of games are rare, but if it happens I would hate to get kicked for SK when all I am doing is obj.
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

Never thought about this case. Protection could be removed after ruck passed first or second barrier... we will think about it.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Just realized this is done with a Lua script, so we can't change that I think. Edit: we can.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

How about we protect this place: Image

It's especially annoying when Allies are everywhere around except where the gold is, and Axis can't go anywhere because there is a MG here: Image
Monty on the Run

It’s a good idea, but I think too many players will be put to spectator because of mortar/panzer/artillery fire that just ricochets inside your proposed new spawn area. If 3 axis run out from spawn there in a line and a panzer hits the first one outside the spawn area, then often the splash will extend to the two players running behind him and you’ll have spawnkill. Allies have to be able to pummel that area in order to prevent axis from building the last tank barrier (same way axis should be able to pummel the truck area at goal line). Another thing I foresee with this arrangement is that the axi mobile MG will plant himself in this protected area and cause his teammates to trip over him.

Sadly, there is a culture among quite a few players on Hirntot where if someone makes an accidental spawnkill and are put spectator, then they call kickvote on that player. This later leads to “revenge votes” from the same players that are kicked. Expanding the spawnzone will only feed this frenzy.

I think it would be interesting if you found a way to block allies from running inside the axi spawn (as is done on Eagles 2 Ways).

Or, you could find some inspiration from the beautiful linear Trooptrain map where the setup is such that the spawninterval shortens if one team moves too closely to enemy spawn. Allies want to sit inside or right outside axi spawn on Goldrush and hammer them over and over instead of doing obj? Fine, then the axis get to respawn quicker.
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

Monty on the Run wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:33 am
Or, you could find some inspiration from the beautiful linear Trooptrain map where the setup is such that the spawninterval shortens if one team moves too closely to enemy spawn. Allies want to sit inside or right outside axi spawn on Goldrush and hammer them over and over instead of doing obj? Fine, then the axis get to respawn quicker.
Not scriptable, as the spawntime can only be changed by events. Truck reached x postiion... but Axis allready get a new spawn point after the truck moved behind barrier 1. Ain't that enough?
Monty on the Run

An extra axi spawn in the circled red area might be a better solution, c0rnn. I’ve seen this implemented on other Goldrush versions with success. The main problem for axis with their spawn down at bank are the amount of riflenades flying in.