Can we do something about the team damage?

Don't like the rules? Feel you've been kicked innocently? Got connection Problems? Whine here!
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
S3AL

Re: Can we do something about the team damage?

Post by S3AL »

evirdrevo wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:06 pm
The 1200 limit was introduced because teamkill votes were turned off. In a perfect world you'd have teamkill votes on, most people would have turned them off clientside and only turn them on clientside when they got fed up with people doing preventable teamkills all the time. However people are assholes and abused those teamkill votes to get people they didnt like kicked so they got turned off serverside. Without consequences people started tk'ing even, some players like Sasha did 2000 td a map consistently and hence the td limit was introduced.

It's not a perfect solution and the professional teamkillers keep an eye on teamdamage and see that 1200 as the max they can do, they don't actively try to prevent teamdamage.

I understand your frustration with teamkilling and it are always the same people who do the avoidable ones but there isn't much you can do unless you plan to ban 1/5th of the ETpro scene. Same case can be made about blockers like Veltins who like to sit in the spawnexit to 'help more' with their ammopacks, its annoying as fuck but what are you going to do about it?
I just told you what can be done... drop the limit lower. Everyone CAN control how much team damage they do. You cant do 650 in one hit accidentally. No one will get banned (kicked), they'll just be more careful and do less td aka be less toxic shits.

What you just said = 1/5 of et pro scene does 650td per map. Whats this bullshit for? Maybe 2 out of 100 players dare to do that kind of td...

Not trying to ban or kick anyone, the goal is to implement a 'fear factor' so when they teamkill 3-4 times they better be careful not to do it again for the rest of the map or they should get kicked/put to spec (whichever way it currently works).

Just go on the server and log your team damage per map - you'll barely ever hit 300-400, if even... and u play fops + you are one of the worst ones (in top50 according to numbers). Schmuck

EDIT: I have to drop this here, to make a simple math more simpler:

+10 people in a team, FULL long map, 1900TD all together... and thats with YOU in a team. And this is pretty much the average on full maps, 2000TD 10+ players team all together. So how the hell can it be okay that 1 player is allowed to do 1200TD out of a general average of 2000TD that a full team does.
Last edited by S3AL on Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S3AL

Post by S3AL »

c0rnn wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:50 pm
Offtopic but you know Veltins and $a$a are the same player, right? XD
:lol:

Im awaiting new discovery. Monty & veltins = same dude, 2 pcs. That might explain why it looks like as if they're playing on xbox controller. That and... montys split personality disorder
S3AL

Post by S3AL »

Im serious cornn... check the IPs
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

I'm open to the idea of lowering it to 1100-1000.
evirdrevo

Post by evirdrevo »

> What you just said = 1/5 of et pro scene does 650td per map.

You are talking about averages, maybe punish people with high averages in general instead of lowering the TD limit per map. I can easily hit the td limit as fops but most kills would be seconds before the respawn and that would be mostly oasis. I never seem to have issues with TD on other maps even when playing fops all map.

The example you give is also missle, which isn't very prone to teamdamage since it is a bigger map, with more routes to take, the exact opposite of oasis if you lock down both main and tunnels. Maybe change TD limit per map?

Also, most of my TD is done seconds before respawn, especially when this light blue nick is trying to steal all the frags!
hyperloop

Post by hyperloop »

Everyone CAN control how much team damage they do. You cant do 650 in one hit accidentally. No one will get banned (kicked), they'll just be more careful and do less td aka be less toxic shits.
No. I consider myself a rather experienced miner, I place mines with the best intentions, still, teamm8s are tripping like crazy. Even the most visible and obvious mines, tripped by teamm8s all the time. Engis with active mining will easily do 700-800 td in a matter of minutes. I actively watch my td, and go medic if I calculate I will surpass the limit. Ive learned to eat my anger regarding this and let it pass, so should you. I don't belive I am a toxic shit just because I place mines and they are tripped.

Yes there is alot of intentional damage but alot is accidental and innocent too. Its a matter of perspective which is which. QPA might be thinking; "Seal knows I am mortaring, why is he around their spawn exits 4 sec before st? He should know I am mortaring these spots."

If 8map should continue to be a heavy weapons server there should be a lot of space for error. Most players here are not "pros". And the "ET pro scence" don't play 15v15 maps, lasting 30-40 minutes.

I would say as most here, keep as is.
S3AL

Post by S3AL »

Yea cornn, 1000 maybe, like I said it's probably gonna be a trial and error kind of thing, starting with something lower is still better than nothing. Prediction - it wont do much to force players to worry about TD, its still very high, BUT... it'll be good to see if it does what you're all here scared it does: if it drastically amps up kicks for td. Prediction - it wont.

You got any stats you can track or generate on this cornn? Like kicks per day invoked by high td? Dunno if thats logged.
Yes there is alot of intentional damage but alot is accidental and innocent too. Its a matter of perspective which is which. QPA might be thinking; "Seal knows I am mortaring, why is he around their spawn exits 4 sec before st? He should know I am mortaring these spots."

Yeah, we better all move when God qpaq be shootin XD

This is getting a bit biased now, too many narcissists showing up

I'd like to hear Techead, or liquid (the new version), or h3lwno... you know, ppl who swap when teams are unbalanced and shit like that. I'll try to get them here
hyperloop

Post by hyperloop »

I'd like to hear Techead, or liquid (the new version), or h3lwno... you know, ppl who swap when teams are unbalanced and shit like that. I'll try to get them here
[/quote]

Wow, how mature. Seems I'm shooting over your head. I´ll refrain from commenting because I got a different perspective/view/thought process. God forbid..
hyperloop

Post by hyperloop »

Wow, how mature. Seems I'm shooting over your head. I´ll refrain from commenting because I got a different perspective/view/thought process. God forbid..
S3AL

Post by S3AL »

The more opinions the better, but... you just went into the "Me myself and I" mode and ditched the whole point of the topic by talking only how this affects you (and qpaq... but, lets forget you wrote that :D). It's also a bit harder to see the actual problem if you play axis only (cough drevo)

This kind of change's got a - and a +. If you only talk about how this change applies to you, in this particular case, you'll just see the -