Seawall Battery

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
Harlekin

Seawall Battery

Post by Harlekin »

Ideas to make the attacking team stronger and shorten the boring beach rush a bit

1. The faster attack waves. reduce spawn time from 20 to eg 10. and increase it for building cp, and claiming forward bunker to 20 again.

2. The forward allied spawn at backpath as standard spawn

3. combine both if needed.

For all of this map time could be reduced, as allies should faster reach better attack position.
Harlekin

Re: Seawall Battery

Post by Harlekin »

c0rnn edited battery script: Allied spawn moved forward on back path, and Ramp is built faster sturder.
Buro

Post by Buro »

Making allies spawntime shorter in big difference of power will provide more frag farming, so not best idea.
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

The obvious solution to preserve the sanity of players playing allies on Battery is to have the map be the first one out of the gate in a campaign. Since level 3 artillery is disabled during round 1, this goes a long way in making allies’ life down on beach easier. There also won’t be any level 3 mortar to block the backway.

I would first test having Battery as the first map in a campaign, and if the map is still too hard for allies then I would think about making the ramp only destroyable with dynamite. That way the axi engineer would have to kneel over the ramp a few seconds to plant the charges, during which time he would be easy pickings for the allied snipers down on rocks in waters (who now would have a purpose: protect the ramp).

Moving spawns and altering spawntimes is a bad idea for this map. It’s only my opinion, and some players might disagree, but it’s not a good idea to make radical changes to standard maps. Battery is part of the ET DNA and should be preserved the way we remember it.

Battery is supposed to be hard for allies. Could it be made a bit easier for allies sometimes? Probably – and my two suggestions above more than takes care of that.
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

Battery is allready heavy modded map. Backdoor is in Vanilla not destroyable, also the spawn ain't usable in Vanilla.
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

Harlekin wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:15 pm
2. The forward allied spawn at backpath as standard spawn
I respect those who welcome this change, but for me personally I don't like it at all.

I just got done playing a round of Battery now and the allies overwhelmed the axis at backpath. Axis didn't even have time to put up mines because the rush was so relentless. Most of the time the axis were camped between their CP spawn and the CP bunker, because the attack from allies meant they would have died had they tried to make it into the bunker. This is only going to get worse once everyone catches on that the forward spawn is now default.

Sniping from the main axi bunker was more or less useless because we couldn't see the allies spawn on the far side. It just didn't feel like Battery at all.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Monty on the Run wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:38 pm
I just got done playing a round of Battery now and the allies overwhelmed the axis at backpath.
Luck of the draw. I played a round of Battery and Allies still couldn't get the CP and only won because main bunker was taken.
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

Every change need some time to get known by everyone. Let's see how it works after maybe a week. For now I like it. Having a fight between the spawn and the CP at the back is much more interesting as walking into mines and fight axis that sit in the back bunker.
grag

Post by grag »

I like the Idea of battery being the first map of the campaign.
Qpa

Post by Qpa »

New spawn in ET closer to cp bunker makes bigger ballance between defending axis and attacking allies. Before you get cp or flag this map is terrible for allies.