Suggest map for Hirntot Campaign.

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

What Map

Bremen
7%
et_beach (RTCW Map)
7%
tc_base
7%
Trooptrain
11%
Base Race
7%
Supply
31%
Adlernest
21%
Frostbite
10%

Total votes: 61

Monty on the Run

Re: Suggest map for Hirntot Campaign.

Post by Monty on the Run »

c0rnn wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:17 am
I am making a Lua script to vote in-game, can ignore this poll then.
Well new maps must still be voted in via forum polls I suppose... but once they are added to server it will be interesting to see how they poll in-game. It will be a milestone for server if you can pull this off, c0rnn :)
matzcore

Post by matzcore »

I'd say update etpro version, not make useless scripts the mode it self is outdated af, ofc if you can manage to get the source code for etpro 2.6b
#Exceed3rd-Ma7z
#Legendaria-Ma7z
#-SkiLLeSS-Ma7z
#/Wannabe/Ma7z
hyperloop

Post by hyperloop »

Buro wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:33 am
I have such maybe stupid idea, but additional map can be done as rotation one for example every compaign it changes in rotation cycle like standard+supply -> standard + bremen -> standard+smth -> standard+supply
This is probably the best format I've seen suggested yet.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Monty on the Run wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:28 am
Well new maps must still be voted in via forum polls I suppose...
No, new maps will also be votable in-game.
matzcore wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:55 am
I'd say update etpro version, not make useless scripts the mode it self is outdated af, ofc if you can manage to get the source code for etpro 2.6b
ETPro source was never released, it's not possible.
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

So far I don't think etpro is outdated. Other mods spend years adepting features that etpro already got since ages. Most things can be done in lua. There is one thing I really miss is compatible with etlegacy.
Monty on the Run

Trooptrain won :D close this poll now please.
popiette

Post by popiette »

Supply will win and its normal ;)
superwillow

Post by superwillow »

I think supply is among the most recognizable and popular maps in ET, just like dd2 in CS - which could help with the player count. Frostbite is way too small imo for 12v12. Adlernest would be quite nice and baserace should be kind of seasonal - like weekends/sundays only or something. As for trooptrain... there are many cool maps in ET and I would love to play venice or village or secret weapon or caen, but it is just going to empty up the server and eventually be hated even more than railgun. As there is only one other etpro pub active at all i think hirntot should have the safest maps possible to stay alive.
matzcore

Post by matzcore »

#Bring_MML_Minastrath
#Exceed3rd-Ma7z
#Legendaria-Ma7z
#-SkiLLeSS-Ma7z
#/Wannabe/Ma7z
Monty on the Run

superwillow wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:47 pm
As for trooptrain... there are many cool maps in ET and I would love to play venice or village or secret weapon or caen, but it is just going to empty up the server and eventually be hated even more than railgun.
With all due respect, your statement sounds more than a bit biased. Have you ever hopped aboard Trooptrain? It’s a 10-minute-long map, full of action and hilariously funny gameplay. The map size is perfect for a max 13 vs 13 server, and the way the opposition spawns more frequently if you get too close to their spawn is pure genius.

I think the fact that Trooptrain is currently the 3rd most voted map in the poll should be seen as a bit of an eye opener. No one would have predicted that at the start! If this was my server I would add 3 maps to the current campaign – Supply, Adlernest, and (hopefully) Trooptrain.

I have nothing against a map like Supply, and I agree that it’s a good idea to have maps on server that are recognized as “good” and “familiar”… but at the same token we have to take into account that there’s a chance players grow tired of ET if there’s never a new map offered. A map like Trooptrain would be like a vitamin shot into a jaded player group.