Suggest map for Hirntot Campaign.

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.

What Map

Bremen
7%
et_beach (RTCW Map)
7%
tc_base
7%
Trooptrain
11%
Base Race
7%
Supply
31%
Adlernest
21%
Frostbite
10%

Total votes: 61

c0rnn
[!!!]

Re: Suggest map for Hirntot Campaign.

Post by c0rnn »

Monty on the Run wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:09 pm
A map like Trooptrain would be like a vitamin shot into a jaded player group.
It would empty half the server.

Anyway, you can vote in-game now with !votemap, forum votes won't count, this poll can be closed.

In-game we can also see who voted for what, on forum we don't know if it's fake accounts, and everything should be in one place anyway, not some here some there. Plus there is no "no custom maps" option here.
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

c0rnn wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:36 am
Monty on the Run wrote:
It would empty half the server.
That’s why we have a forum I guess. We voice our opinions and, in the end, the high command decides the course. I don’t know if my assumption about Trooptrain is any more likely to be correct than you do about yours. I’m just trying to vocalize that if we keep everything at a status quo (meaning no new maps), then players are likely to get bored. Someone already pointed out on this forum that players are fleeing to HBC. I’m not saying anything bad about HBC, and players have the right to choose, but it stands to reason that if you want more players to choose Hirntot then you need more variety.
c0rnn wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:36 am
Anyway, you can vote in-game now with !votemap, forum votes won't count, this poll can be closed.
I tried and I could only see 10 competition-based maps. Who decides what maps are entered into the poll? It would seem logical that we should get to vote on the 8 maps suggested in this thread + 2 more.
Attachments
2018-10-03-110157-radar.jpg
2018-10-03-110157-radar.jpg (205.79 KiB) Viewed 18591 times
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Monty on the Run wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:32 am
I tried and I could only see 10 competition-based maps.
Read the console output again.

I guess I will make it more obvious then.
superwillow

Post by superwillow »

Monty on the Run wrote:
I would love to play other maps, too. However, I have played this game for billions of years and seen many servers come and go. Experimenting with maps such as trooptrain eventually emptied them all. There have been plenty of "vitamin shots" such as industry, secret weapon, v2 factory, el kef, pirates etc. HBC has a cool rotation system but just copying that will make it the same server...
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

we had trooptrain on our no quarter server in the past. tbh it was fun but it was no quarter. As i said before: "If we add a custom map at all" then it won't be a map, ppl get lost in. Hirntot is a Fun server and will be changed in small steps if at all.
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

Harlekin wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:24 pm
Hirntot is a Fun server and will be changed in small steps if at all.
Well lately there have been some rather large changes I would say - especially for Fueldump and Battery. The typical gameplay on these two maps have done a complete U-turn, where axis are now defending for their lives (and usually end up losing). If you can pull some statistic off these two maps you’ll see allies are winning most of the time.

I would much have preferred if the changes were implemented more gradually so that we could see if all of them are needed. On Fueldump for example, it’s enough to give the tank a turbo and make it able to drive by itself. These two changes benefit the allies enormously, and there’s no need to make their lives even easier by adding forward spawns and shortening their spawntimes.

Of course, this is just one opinion and I respect those who disagree. Keeping standard maps as much standard as possible is my preference.
Buro

Post by Buro »

I like new spawn in fuel, at least even with way stronger axis allies are able to GET INSIDE, not to be meatshield for 30 min
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

Buro wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:39 am
I like new spawn in fuel, at least even with way stronger axis allies are able to GET INSIDE, not to be meatshield for 30 min
Thank you.
justyna.olesik

Post by justyna.olesik »

venice!
i am not a woman
Buro

Post by Buro »

Offtopic

Davai christmas hats!