What are you feelings with new maps?

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Re: What are you feelings with new maps?

Post by c0rnn »

Typo in previous message, level 2 not 1.

Hirntot always had fop limited in goldrush, now we evolved and extended to battery. Progress.
OgniW@n
[!!!]

Post by OgniW@n »

c0rnn wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:49 pm
...now we evolved and extended to battery. Progress.
I wouldnt call it progress at this moment, more "just another change". Time will tell if the changes are progress.

IMHO ppl should get mote time to get used to the changes that were made. Tot was running with the same setup for months, if not for years. Now there come changes nearly every day w/o any info here for the players. That might by time cause confusion and maybe even a loss of players, who cant play the game the way they are used too.

Maybe there should be a subject, where ppl could post there experiences with the changes. What do they like, what do they dislike.

Just my2cts

Ingo
Liquid Sn.
[!!!]

Post by Liquid Sn. »

@Ogni
That's why the topic is called 'what are your feelings...'

Just played North Pole and literally everyone wanted to skip this map. I think it should be removed
mETLA

Post by mETLA »

From my experience the general acceptance of seasonal or experimental/unknown maps like northpole or trooptrain is a lot lower for the average etpro player who like to play strategically and focus on the objective or just simply have some brainless fragging than it is for players of so-called "funmods" where the acceptance for less known maps is a lot higher and people have less problems with learning new maps.
So I'd guess 1-3 custom maps are a good addition to the server as long as they are well known and accepted within the majority of the playerbase. Maps like northpole can be quite nice too some times too, but seeing that a lot of people don't like it, it should either be completely removed or the times that it's played be decreased, for example by having it in the campaign not for whole winter but only from maybe december 24th-31st or making it not a part of any campaign, but instead votable in the menu.
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

Just played North Pole and literally noone wanted to skip this map. I think it should be kept as a Christmas tradition.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Post by c0rnn »

Monty on the Run wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:28 am
Just played North Pole and literally noone wanted to skip this map.
I doubt that.
OgniW@n
[!!!]

Post by OgniW@n »

Liquid Sn. wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:13 pm
@Ogni
That's why the topic is called 'what are your feelings...'
Yes, but limiting classes is IMHO not just a map change. There have been fafr more changes than "just" tuning a classic 6 map server to a 10map one.

So IMHO the topic doesnt fit to all the things that might come up and it might lead to too much OT.

Ciao
Ingo
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

c0rnn wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:10 am
Monty on the Run wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:28 am
Just played North Pole and literally noone wanted to skip this map.
I doubt that.
It is as likely as Liquid wormeater saying everyone wanted to skip it. Merry Christmas :)
Harlekin

Post by Harlekin »

Even with the same settings for years, the gameplay changes. We made quite a lot of changes to hirntot settings
A old config were lost anyway
B some things we changed might turn out to be great, some are crap
C I hate North pole from the bottom of my heart, but somehow we had it every year.
D North pole will only run for few days, after Xmas it will be removed asap
E the 3 Custom maps are good accepted and won't change soon, if at all.

I understand all that don't like custom maps.
nineinchnails
[!!!]

Post by nineinchnails »

Northpole seems to polarize a lot. Love it or hate it. I think the main problem is that nobody knows the map well, and therefore axis trying to get the first flag and dont notice the tunnel and the way to CP without the first flag.
If northpole would be a normal known map like Bremen, I think the gameplay would be ways better also. At least I can remember some servers in the past, where Northpole was one of the best maps besides to venice or dubrovnik.
Anyways, thanks for adding it at least a few days.