Landmine TB/TK Damage

Issues regarding [!!!]Hirntot, 6 Map Standard Gameserver
[!!!]Hirntot Server Player Stats
Forum rules
This is an international forum. PLEASE speak ENGLISH! If you have problems with english, please try to post in english and repeat the post in your motherlanguage.
DoodleBug

Landmine TB/TK Damage

Post by DoodleBug »

Tssstttt.

Can the TB/TK limit for kick be reduced for landmine damage? I don't know if it's actually possible but too many times people step on them accidentally, or god forbid on purpose, and the eng on the team gets kicked or just can't use them anymore through fear of kick. I've never seen mines being used maliciously against teammates in anger so I doubt it'd be a problem.

While I'm complaining about mines: why do people self kill when they stand on two instead of just giving the eng the respect of catching them out? Is it better for their stats to self kill or do they do it to specifically hurt my feelings?

I'll go for a third: How'd people feel about increasing the amount of mines by a factor of say, 1.1x-1.2x? Sometimes one eng can use all of the available mines on one (often semi-pointless) area, and an additional mine or two might allow for other engs to plant them where they think it's important. I'm not talking a lot of mines here, 1.2x means 12 maximum per team when the server is full. I don't think there's a troubling amount at the present moment, you can hardly mine off an area of the map.
c0rnn
[!!!]

Re: Landmine TB/TK Damage

Post by c0rnn »

It can't be lowered for landmine damage specifically, no.

Think there is enough mines (10 per team max).
Knocker

Post by Knocker »

Exactly what you have said happens to me on a regular basis.
hyperloop

Post by hyperloop »

c0rnn wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:12 pm
Think there is enough mines.
v52
Liquid Sn.
[!!!]

Post by Liquid Sn. »

Enough and could be less. Mines are so annoying...
OgniW@n
[!!!]

Post by OgniW@n »

Liquid Sn. wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:00 pm
NACK. In somde mpas mines are a basic part for the defending side. F.e. fueldump, gold or oasis with 4vs4 or 6vs6. Just a few mines cant handle the ways to obj. St
hyperloop

Post by hyperloop »

Liquid Sn. wrote:
Decrease medic HP and slow down regen. Medpacks are so annoying...
DoodleBug

Post by DoodleBug »

hyperloop wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:54 am
Liquid Sn. wrote:
I second that. I remember playing on a server ages ago that limited self-healing to half hp which worked quite well.
Monty on the Run

Post by Monty on the Run »

DoodleBug wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:42 pm
hyperloop wrote:
Liquid Sn. wrote:
I second that. I remember playing on a server ages ago that limited self-healing to half hp which worked quite well.
ALL classes should have their chargetimes reduced now that server is full with 13 vs 13 and sometimes 14 vs 14 players every night. The fast chargetimes cause complete and utter spamfest on maps like Goldrush with its small narrow spawn exits.
hyperloop

Post by hyperloop »

DoodleBug wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:42 pm
hyperloop wrote:
Liquid Sn. wrote:
Sorry Doodle, didn’t mean to cop your thread. I was actually being rhetorical to get a point across in regards to the server nerfing every class but medics. I do find the settings balanced atm, but to nerf eng class just because mines are annoying is not a valid reason.

Server settings are now in a really sweet spot, fair to all classes/teams/maps imo. Even to remove mortar entirely is pointless, most who bitch and moan about mortar are mindless zombies. Lets honor the game with all its original classes and weapons.